Gmail is one of the most famous email services. Many individuals rely upon it to complete email exchanges consistently. Normally, when you find your Gmail app keep crashing, it can feel exceptionally upsetting. This issue prevents you from getting to the incoming messages. You will also find yourself incapable to send new messages.
The issue doesn’t have a solo yet many causes behind its event. Numerous things, from a cache file error to an application update, can prompt it. In this article, you’ll figure out the troubleshooting methods that will make your emailing smooth as before. Let’s directly move on to the solution methods.
Fix Gmail App Crashing Issue
Gmail crashing today might be linked to the server, before moving on to the solution check if the server of Gmail is down or not. There are many third-party applications available that will help you check the status of Gmail. Now follow and implement these measures.
1. Uninstall the App Updates
It probably won’t appear to be a fixing measure since updates are vital to cause your applications to perform without a hitch. If an application can carry different errors with it. In this way, you might find your Gmail app crashing android 2022 after you install an update. Uninstall it by following underneath steps:
Go to ‘Settings.’
- Browse to ‘Apps & notifications ‘and now ‘Gmail.’
- Choose ‘Uninstall Updates’ after selecting the three dots.
- Next tap on ‘OK’ to remove updates.
- Open your app and check if the issue is fixed.
2. Remove the App’s Data and Cache
Frequently, the information and cache files of your Gmail application can bring different issues. If your Gmail application continues crashing, take a look at eliminating these files.
- Open ‘Settings’ and move to ‘Apps & notifications.’
- Choose ‘Gmail.’
- Tap ‘Storage & cache.’
- Now click ‘Clear cache ‘and then tap on ‘Clear storage.’
- Now open your Gmail app to see if it’s working fine or not.
3. Remove your Google account and sign in again
Many times, junk file corrupt the installation of our Gmail application, and thus crash issue occurs frequently. So the best way to get rid of this is to remove the Gmail and log back again. To this with underneath steps;
- Open Settings from your phone.
- Find and choose your default Google account.
- Tab on Remove account and confirm the action.
- Next, go back to the Account Settings page to re-add the account.
- Now move to the accounts and tap Add account.
- Check your phone security and enter your Google account details to sign in.
4. Make Room in your Android Phone
Gmail will crash if it can’t track down space to make temporary files on the device. A simple method for settling this issue is to clear storage on your gadget. If your phone has a storage analyzer, you can find about the undesirable documents you can erase.
You may also get to the usefulness to consequently clear junk files.
- Open to ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘Storage,’ and you will see several items that consume a hefty amount of space on your Android phone.
- Tap on ‘Free up space’ to select the things you can safely remove.
Above-given measures are tried and tested methods that fix the Gmail app crashes when switching accounts and relevant problems. But if you want a place where you can find an effective solution in form of guides and blogs, Emailspedia would be the best spot.