You might have had a combined account of your AT&T and Yahoo Mail account when Yahoo and, AT&T got merged. This reunion allowed the password and inboxes to be shared. Notwithstanding, later the users were advised that their email accounts are going to get unmerged. With the unmerging, it was reported that from mid-November 2017, a user can never again get to my AT&T or att.net with their Yahoo ID and from early December 2017, all blended accounts of the users will be divided into two separate email accounts.
If you are uncertain whether your blended account has been isolated or not, you can follow the data given in this aide. Here, you will figure out how you can unmerge att Yahoo email.
Unmerge Yahoo Mail Account from AT&T
The main thing you should ensure is that you have a merged account. To be aware that you have an account with both email services or with the single one, you should check the underneath section that would help you know;
- You can sign in to your combined E-mail account utilizing both your AT&T and Yahoo Mail address.
- Your mailbox is receiving messages for both your Yahoo AT&T email address.
- While attempting to reset your Yahoo password you are being diverted to the my AT&T page on your device.
How to Unmerge Yahoo Mail and AT&T?
The effect of merging was confusing for many users and they don’t even know which service they are using with their account. Hence, unmerging seems to be a better option. So, below are the easy steps that will stop Yahoo redirect to AT&T or unmerge your Yahoo mail accounts from AT&T permanently.
- First, open the official website of AT&T.
- Now, go to the sign-in page and log in to your email account by entering your User ID and password
- After that, you are required to select the profile option placed under “My ATT” at the top of the bar
- Next, you need to move to the AT&T email accounts and choose the option of the Account profile.
- Browse to the tab of “User Information and pick the option of Delete account, which is placed next to the member ID option.
- Next, hold on till the delete email confirmation pop-up appears. After it appears, press Ok.
- Next, you need to go to the Sign-In page of Yahoo and access the account using the Yahoo user ID and password.
- If you want to use Yahoo email individually, then choose the button of Unmerge given in the right corner of your Yahoo page.
- Now your Yahoo mail account and AT&T account will be separated.
If your concern doesn’t get settled by applying the means above, you should contact customer service. They will provide you with additional solutions for unmerging your Yahoo account from AT&T. If customer service seems unreachable to you, it is suggested to visit the Emailsdesk, a perfect online place, where you will get instant solutions to the unresolvable issues such as unlink AT&T Yahoo accounts in form of in-depth guides.