The chances of developing a tumor depend on the type of cancer. For example, thyroid cancer is much more common in women than in men. However, overall, the chance of developing a tumor is about 1%. This means that one can develop a tumor for every 100 people with cancer.
Several factors can increase your risk of developing a tumor. These include:
- A family history of tumors
- Having certain types of cancer, such as ovarian or breast cancer
- Being exposed to certain chemicals or radiation
- Having a weakened immune system
For various concerns, you should be in touch with the best Onco surgeon in India or an institute dealing with oncology treatment.
Causes of Developing a Tumour
A tumor can develop from several different causes, including:
- Abnormal growth of cells in the body (cancerous or malignant tumors)
- Overgrowth of tissue due to an injury or infection (benign tumors)
- Formation of a cyst (a sac filled with fluid)
- The buildup of fluid in an organ or tissue (edema)
Tumors can be either benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous). Benign tumors are not usually life-threatening, while malignant tumors can be. Treatment for a tumor will depend on the growth’s type, location, and size.
If you face any such risk factors, it’s essential to talk to your doctor. They can help you monitor your health closely and catch any tumors early. With early detection, tumors are much easier to treat successfully.
What are the symptoms of identifying a tumor?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you must visit the best Onco surgeon in India. Early detection is key to successful treatment.
- A Lump: It can be felt from the outside and is often the first sign of a tumor. The lump may be painless at first, but it can grow and start to cause pain as it presses against nerves or other organs.
- Changes in appearance: A tumor can cause changes in how a body part looks. For example, a skin tumor may change the color of the skin or make it look thicker or thinner. If the problem persists despite having a regular healthy diet, visit the best Onco Surgeon in India for a detailed examination.
- Changes in function: A tumor can also affect how well a body part works. For example, a brain tumor can cause memory, vision, or balance problems.
- Fatigue: Cancerous cells require a lot of energy to grow, leaving a person feeling tired.
- Weight loss: Cancerous cells also use up a lot of nutrients, which can lead to weight loss even if a person is eating the same amount as before.
- Fever: A fever can signify that the body is fighting off an infection, but it can also be a symptom of some types of cancer.
- Night sweats: Many people with cancer experience night sweats or periods of heavy sweating during the night.
- Pain: Pain is another common cancer symptom, especially as the tumor grows and presses on nerves or other organs.
- Bleeding: Some types of cancer, such as ovarian cancer, can cause abnormal bleeding, signifying that cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
- Coughing or trouble breathing: These symptoms may be caused by a tumor in the lung or throat.
Where to consult for Tumor Diagnosis?
Max Healthcare is one of the best places for tumor diagnosis in India. To get an appointment with the top oncologists at Max Healthcare, you can visit their website or call.
If you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms, you must immediately consult the best Onco Surgeon in India. While other conditions can be responsible for these symptoms, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Early diagnosis and treatment of cancer is often the key to a successful outcome, so don’t hesitate to get help if you think something might be wrong.